We are looking for a very strong front end developer to join our dev team of five. We need you to help us guide and improve the user experience of our live products, while also designing and building green field projects with an excellent UX to help improve the education analytics market.
We work in an Agile development environment and maintain a variety of projects in a range of languages including:
- A centralised data platform exposed through REST APIs currently built primarily with Rails.
- A remotely managed, distributed network of agents deployed in schools throughout the country, written in C# and Atom.
- Customer facing web apps currently in AngularJS and Rails, but itching for a revamp.
We’re a remote-friendly team, so we're very much open to applicants who wish to work from outside the office.
- Excited by the idea of working in edtech (though experience in the sector is not essential).
- Good at both working with a high degree of autonomy and collaborating with other developers.
- Comfortable working within an agile environment, including pair programming, test driven development and continuous delivery.
- Equally as passionate about great design as writing great code.
- Happy to work in a cross-functional team and work across projects as required.
Solid professional experience with React or Angular 2.
Demonstrable UI design experience.
A solid understanding of web application security and best practices.
The ability to shape the future of web application architecture and tech that we use at Assembly.
Pay & Benefits
- £45-65k depending on experience with opportunities for progression
- Your own choice of tech set-up (including brand-new macbook or equivalent)
- Annual training and conference budget
- 25 days annual leave
- 11% non-contributory pension
- Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers and retailer discounts
The team is primarily based in London, with some team members working remotely. As this role is subject to a DBS check and data protection rules, remote candidates must be based within the UK and will be expected to travel to London from time to time (expenses may be covered).
Note: this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.