About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a keen interest in customer service to join a growing edtech venture and establish a central role within the organisation. As a member of the support team, your main focus will be helping schools and developers use our software by providing technical and non-technical support via email and phone.
This includes helping schools through the Assembly signup process, and supporting our data analytics solution for schools and multi-academy trusts. It will also involve helping third party developers integrate with our API so they can build their own school improvement products. We don’t expect you to know how to do all these things already; we just want you to be willing to learn! We will fully train you on all aspects of our products and help you to help others.
You’ll work collaboratively with our product and development teams to provide creative solutions to challenging problems. Helping customers often raises wider questions about our products; you will learn to filter out isolated support issues from deeper product weaknesses, working with colleagues to design ways our products can be continuously improved, rather than just fixed.
You will need to keep track of repeat queries and turn them into informative documentation to save time in the future. You will also need to use your initiative to anticipate potential issues and design content to address them in advance.
A typical day includes
- Answering phone and emails to help schools and developers
- Providing helpful, friendly and informative support to customers
- Escalating more complicated issues to others in the support or development team and, wherever possible, learn the solution so that you are able to fix it yourself next time
- Analysing and feeding back on customer opinions picked up via support to improve our products
- Crafting and editing helpful support documentation
- Other general tasks to support the team
- You care about excellent customer service
- You have an ability and willingness to learn
- You’re someone who loves solving tough problems and proposing creative solutions
- You possess great patience and empathy for customers
- You have ability to handle surprises and remain calm under pressure
- You have an ability to make technical language understandable
- You’re articulate and a confident communicator
- You have an excellent command of written English
- You’re a self-starter with a flexible approach to work and focus on getting things done
- You’re excited about working in an education and tech startup environment
Pay & Benefits
- £23-28k depending on experience, with opportunities for progression
- Your own choice of tech set-up (including brand-new macbook or equivalent)
- Annual training and conference budget
- 25 days annual leave
- 11% non-contributory pension
- Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers and retailer discounts
Closing date: 12th January 2018
Start Date: as soon as possible
N.B. This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check